Corn Cob Acres is an exciting educational adventure that is fun to discover as a group, a birthday party, or a field trip! We look forward to hosting your group's next outing very soon.
To qualify for group pricing, you must have at least 20 participants. The group leader must pay for the entire group. Please refer to our Admission page for details on group pricing. Groups are not required to call in advance but may certainly do so if you wish.
In order to accommodate educational field trips for elementary schools, day cares, preschools, clubs, and home school groups, we are open on select weekdays during our fall season. With plenty of bus parking, educational opportunities, and a seemingly endless number of activities, Corn Cob Acres is the ideal place to combine learning with outdoor physical activity.
Field Trip Days for 2022 are October 7th, 13th, 14th, 19th, 20th, 21st, 27th, 28th. Please note that on October 7th, 14th, 21st, and 28th the park will also be open to the general public. Pre-registration is required along with a non-refundable deposit of $100.00.
THERE ARE THREE FIELD TRIP PACKAGES FROM WHICH TO CHOOSE:
Fall Harvest- All About Pumpkins: $9.00 per person**
This pumpkin package will teach your students about how we cultivate pumpkins. From planting to pollination, your students will develop an understanding of what it takes to raise this popular fall decoration. They also will get to take home a small souvenir pumpkin!
- “Little Screamers” Hayride
- Game Wall
- Animal Barrel Train Ride
- Castle Tube Slide Racers
- Tire Dragon Leap
- Hay Bale Jump
- Bluebird Village Adventure Land and Treehouse Slides
- Goat and Bunny Viewing
- Giant Jumping Pillow
- Haystack Slides
- Straw Bale Pyramid Climb
- Spider Web Traverse
- Pumpkin Playhouse with Vine Slide
- Much More!
Gem Mining and Pumpkins Combo:$12.00 per person**
Along with the pumpkin experience listed above, this package includes our very popular Gem Mining Experience. Your students will saddle up and head on down to the Wild West, where they will learn all about rocks and minerals as they mine for real gemstones!
- Bag of “dirt” with hidden gemstones (students will use our sluice to uncover their treasures)
- Gem identification chart
- Clean bag to carry discovered gems home
- All of the educational opportunities and activities that are a part of the Fall Harvest package above
Ultimate Fun-Filled Day:$15.00 per person**
In addition to the benefits of the Fall Harvest and Gem Mining and Pumpkins Packages listed above, this Ultimate package includes interaction with some of the animals on our farm. You and your students will be granted entry into our tiered seating arena to watch and cheer on our trained piglets as they race their way around our racetrack during this 15 minute show. Also with this package, each student will receive a small bag of feed that students can use to feed our resident family of goats.
Please allow 4 hours to participate in this package if you are eating lunch at Corn Cob Acres. Allow 3.5 hours to participate if you will not be eating lunch with us.
- Entry into our thrilling pig race show
- Bag of goat feed
- All of the educational opportunities and activities included in the Fall Harvest and Gem Mining packages above
* Also open to the public these days (October 9th, 16th, 23rd, and 30th)
**One free teacher/chaperone per 5 paying students. Additional chaperones are $5 per person. No chaperones receive a pumpkin, gem bag, or goat feed.
- 20 student minimum required for Field Trips
- $100 deposit required
- Final count and payment is due one week prior to Field Trip Date
- Additional students on the day of the field trip will be charged at the package rate that is chosen
- All chaperones over the allotted number, as well as any unaccounted ones who show up the day of the event, will be charged $5 per person
- There will be no refunds for students or chaperones who are paid for in advance but are not present on the day of the field trip